Monday, February 28, 2011

Master Bedroom Update

I finally got around to changing the artwork above our bed. It used to be an outdoor painting. Maybe an eagle or some trees or a lighthouse. I can't recall and I have no idea where I stashed it after I pulled it off the wall. Either way, it has a new home. I don't like the idea of haging a portrait above the bed at all. I can't explain it but to have a photo of us on our wedding day or of our family staring down on me in bed while I sleep (or do other things) just weirds me out. I'm abnormal. I've learned to deal with it.

So, I came up with several ideas of things I would like up there and it ended like this:
The best part (and also the reason it took me so long) is that I made three of those elements all by myself! The middle piece is actually the second reading from our wedding :) A perfect reminder of what we wanted from each other and for each other right from the beginning. I used printable Inkjet Iron-on transfers and a simple painters canvas. If you stand at a certain angle you can tell it is ironed on and I don't really like that but I am happy with it. For now. I will probably redo the whole thing somehow, someday.

The only thing I didn't make was that picture of a rose. I got that for 60% off at JoAnn's and the only reason I bought it was because I thought I could turn it into something else! I could only come up with three ideas of things and I really wanted a fourth and I put it up there to save me from losing my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment