Wednesday, September 23, 2009

All grown up!

I have to blog about this because I am SO super excited and giddy. I recieved some great mail today. After reviewing our finances and figuring out what we can afford and what we could cut from our spending before the baby came I decided to take some of my money and pay off my car! I had my old checking and saving accounts from my pre marriage days that I had been too lazy to throw into Brad's accounts. I haven't touched them probably since before the wedding so they were only sitting there anyways. I would never let Brad pay off my car entirely, even though it was OUR money that had been paying it for the last few months anyway-it was my debt and I would feel guilty. I took a large chunk of what was left of my single girl savings and sent a payoff check to Ford Motor two weeks ago. I got the letter of termination on my loan today and wanted to cry! This was my first adult purchase three years ago after getting my first adult job and I was so proud of myself. I even paid it off two years early so we got a tiny bit of a refund too. I own a car!!! Now, if I could just drive it :) I haven't driven it much since getting married either. So technically I own a car that Brad drives and I drive a car that Brad owns! I'm really a big girl now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment