Monday, March 15, 2010

Into the water

Yesterday was a day of great celebration for Caroline. We had her baptized at our church and it was a beautiful day all around. It was filled with so many traditions and sentiment and we were surrounded by so many special people. She started the day by getting dressed by her Godmother and Godfather just like all the babies in my family. She also wore the Christening gown worn by my mom, me, my sister, my brother and my nieces. We finished it out with the ring my dad wore for his baptism and the rest of us also wore. Such special moments for me to share with my daughter. The service was beautiful and she didn't even cry when the water was poured on her head! She got to see her family from Wisonsin again and even met her other two Great Grandmothers (G.G.'s) and some other special people from Wisconsin also came in to meet her and celebrate with us. Brad and I enjoyed celebrating this sacrament with our family and friends and introducing our daughter into the faith of our family :)



No comments:

Post a Comment