Monday, August 10, 2009

A little R & R

We are back to everyday life today...or at least we are trying to be! We just got back from our trip up North...we spent 7 whole days renting a cottage in Houghton Lake. It was soooo nice. We spent the first 4 days alone together and then the night of the 4th day my family came to join us for the remainder of the trip. Overall we had great weather and of the two days it rained Brad and I spent one day taking rides all around the area and seeing what we could find and then the other day it rained we all packed in the car and drove to Mackinaw City where it wasn't raining. All in all a fun time was had by all! We BBQ'ed dinner every night...I swear we had enough food to feed five families sometimes! We played on the beach, Brad and I went to Higgins' lake for the day and got a fishing boat, we rented a pontoon one day for everyone to enjoy, fishing, fishing and more fishing :) and we even played a few rounds of mini golf. Don't ask Brad how that went, I think I finally got his head shrunk back down to normal size :) But, I did return the favor by kicking his butt in our card games! For all the fishing we did though we only caught a few but it was fun. Now, we are back to this HOT weather and can't wait for our next vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment